A parent or guardian of an absent student is to call the attendance office at 1-317-964-6605 explaining the nature of the absence by 9:00 a.m. on the day of the absence. A note signed by the parent or legal guardian explaining the nature of the absence is required when the student returns to school if we are unable to make contact by phone on the day of the absence.
Excused absences include illness and injury (including medical and dental appointments), death of a close family member, family emergencies, and religious holidays.
Unexcused absences are those, which are not excused or prearranged as defined.
Students are expected to collect their make-up assignments in the way teachers designate and will be allowed one day for make-up for each day missed.
Students who come to the clinic must have a pass from a faculty member. Parent or guardians will be contacted to come to school and pick up the students who are too ill to return to class.
Medication Administration at School
If it becomes necessary for a student to take medication or receive treatment during the school day, the parent or guardian must complete a request to administer medication form and file it in the school nurse’s office. If the medication or treatment is physician-prescribed, the parent or guardian must submit a written prescription from the child’s physician or the current pharmacy label with the request. Nursing staff can only follow the instructions on the prescription label. A physician’s order is also necessary for prescription samples that may have been released to the student, or for any over-the-counter medication that is not recommended for children under age twelve.
All other over-the-counter medication must be in the original container labeled with the student’s name and date of birth. Label instructions will be followed for all over-the-counter medicine unless otherwise prescribed by a physician.
Request to Administer Medication Form
A student may possess and self-administer emergency medication for a chronic disease or medical condition ONLY if the parent or guardian annually files a request for student to possess and self administer medication form with the school nurse clinic. This form must be signed by the parent or guardian and a physician or nurse practitioner.
Request to Possess and Self Administer Medication
The health of your child is important to us. The MSD of Lawrence Township recognizes that good health is essential to effective learning. Each of our schools is staffed with a registered nurse equipped to meet the needs of our students.
Stay Connected with ParentSquare
MSD of Lawrence Township uses ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number. We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
We promise to only send you information closely related to school. You can opt-out at anytime. Contact your child's school for more information about opting-out from our communications.
Parents are an integral part of the learning environment at FCVMS. Our Parent Faculty Organization (PFO) supports our school in many ways and through many events. The involvement of parents in our school is vital for the success of ALL our students.
- To learn how you can get involved, please click on one of the links below.
- We need your help! Click here to sign up to volunteer in the Fall Creek Valley bookstore.
2021 - 2022 FCV Parent Faculty Organization
President: Dr. Emily Haas Brown
Vice President: Gabe Haynie
Secretary: Alysha Guidry
Treasurer: Stacia Kurowski
Click here to access and join the Fall Creek Vally Middle School PFO Facebook Group.
FCV Media Center | 6-7 pm
- August 16
- September 20
- October 25 (due to Fall Break)
- November 15
- January 24 (due to MLK Day)
- February 28 (due to Presidents’ Day)
- March 21
- April 18
- May 16
Become a Bearcat Booster by making a tax-deductible donation to the PFO! Please complete a donation form and leave with the office in a envelope marked "PFO Bearcat Booster". You can find the forms and collection box in the front office, or click here to download the form.
Platinum Boosters -$200+
Gold Boosters - $100-$199
Silver Boosters- $50-$99
Bronze Boosters - $5.00-$49
Hello! My name is Andrea Harshbarger and I am excited to be the Locker Shocker committee chair this year! For a $10 donation, our committee would love to decorate your student’s locker for their birthday, other special event in their life, or just because you’d like to bring a smile to their face!
To reserve your Locker Shocker, please click here to submit the form online OR click here to email Andrea Harshbarger
- Parent contact information (email and phone number).
- Student's name.
- Date you would like your student's locker decorated. (Must have at least two weeks advance notice.)
- Student's locker number if you have it.
- Student's favorite color.
- Occasion for the Locker Shocker. (Birthday, other special event, just because, etc.)
- If you have a specific message to be included.
- Once your information is received, you will receive a confirmation email with payment options. We are excited to make your student smile with a Locker Shocker! If you have further questions or need further assistance, or would like to help with our committee, please let us know!"
Please scroll below to find the category of support you're looking for.
DOWNLOAD THE PARENT SUPPORT INFO PDF
- Device Repair
- Log-in Issues
- Single Sign-On Portal
- WiFi Hotspot Issues
MSDLT Parent Support Website
Lawrence Pierce (Last Names A-F)
- Questions about student health concerns relating to COVID-19
Parent Request for a Return to In-Person School (Hybrid Model)
Parent Request to move to Virtual Learning Program
- Reporting an Absence
eLearning / Instruction Specialist
Questions about a grade or specific lesson content?
Call or Email the Teacher Directly
FCV Staff Directory
If your concern does not fall into the categories above, please contact our Front Office at 1-317-964-6600 and we can direct your call.
After the first two weeks of school, we welcome your visit to your child's classroom. Pre-arranged classroom visits by parents are encouraged and welcomed.
We also welcome parents to come and eat lunch with their student in the All Star Cafe. Parents may either eat hot lunch from the cafeteria or bring a sack lunch from home. Please do not bring in food from a restaurant for you and your child.
All visitors should sign in at the office and wear a guest or volunteer badge.
For your child's safety and education, we cannot allow parents to just walk into the classroom unexpectedly. Thank you for your support in providing a safe environment for our children.
All visitors to school buildings are required to complete a SafeSolutions background check upon entry. Until further notice, we remain unable to allow parents to join their student(s) for lunch.
- All visitors must report to the school office to provide identification, sign in, and receive a visitor’s badge before entering the school.
- Visitors should not park in the bus lanes. Visitors are welcome for lunch, but a reservation must be made by 9 a.m. on the morning of the visit.
- Although classroom visits are encouraged, mutually agreed upon times must be coordinated between the teacher and the visitor.
- Volunteers should not use the visit as a time to meet or talk with the teacher about a student’s progress. The teacher must keep his/her attention focused on the entire class. Appointments should be scheduled for family / teacher conferences.
- Volunteers are welcomed and appreciated. A wide variety of opportunities are available at your child’s school. Please check with your child’s school or teacher to learn more about the volunteering opportunities.
- Volunteers are at school to complete a certain task within a predetermined time limit. Volunteers must only participate in what was arranged with the teacher or school.
- Volunteers who work with students will be required to complete and have an approved criminal history background check prior to working in the school.
You can access Parent Volunteer forms by clicking the links below:
*A NEW Volunteer from will need to be completed EVERY Year
If you have questions, please contact your child's school.