Thank you for your interest in Lawrence Township. Please click through the tabs below to learn more about LT and for information regarding enrollment. Questions and concerns can be directed to your assigned school* – Click here to determine work K-12 school boundaries by home address.
As the MSD of Lawrence Township has adapted to the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, our schools have maintained a commitment to service, parent choice, and student achievement. We are pleased to share Connect LT with current and prospective families, providing the option of one of three instructional settings:
- 100% In-Person: Any student not enrolled in Connect LT will attend school 100% in-person.
- Connect LT Hybrid: Connect Hybrid is available to grades 7-12 with students attending in-person a minimum of 51% of scheduled instructional days.
- Connect LT Virtual: Connect Virtual students will connect to their school 100% virtually.
*Please note for Summer 2021:
- Brook Park Elementary School closed for construction, Please visit Belzer Middle School to enroll at 7555 E 56th St Indianapolis, IN 46226
- Forest Glen Elementary School closed for construction, After receiving acceptance letter, please visit Skiles Test Elementary to enroll at 7001 Johnson Rd. Indianapolis, IN 46220
- ELCAB School closed for construction, Please visit Amy Beverland Elementary to enroll at 11650 Fox Rd Indianapolis, IN 46236
- ELCMC School closed for construction, Please visit Mary Evelyn Castle Elementary to enroll at 8502 E 82nd St Indianapolis, IN 46256
- ELCBP School closed for construction, Please visit Harrison Hill Elementary to enroll at 7510 E 53rd St Indianapolis, IN 46226
Located in the northeast corner of the greater Indianapolis area, Lawrence is a residential suburban community of 95,000+ and home to Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park and Geist Reservoir. With families from widely diverse cultural, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds, the Lawrence community values and embraces diversity as one of its greatest strengths. Lawrence Township strives to be the district of destination, a reputation built over the years based on the district's award-winning staff, accomplished administrators, high-achieving students, supportive community, and innovative educational programs.
The Lawrence Township Schools welcome parents and students who are considering enrolling in our schools. Principals will accommodate tours of their school upon request. Please call the school principal to make special visitation arrangements.
Our school district is comprised of four Early Learning Centers, 11 elementary magnet schools (grades 1-6), two middle schools (grades 7-8), two high schools, a center for innovation and technology, and an alternative setting high school. Families looking for options other than their assigned neighborhood school may apply to another district school.
Lawrence Township is investing in every building to better meet student needs and foster achievement. Tagged as the Lawrence Township "Blue Ribbon" Facility Plan, this fiscally responsible investment will be accomplished without increasing local tax rates.
Required Enrollment Documents - All Grade Levels
What is required to enroll your child:
- Proof of Residency - Click here for a list of required documents
Click here for Proof of Residency Spanish
- Student’s Original Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization Record - Immunization Chart - English and Spanish
- Student’s Transcript if student has earned high school credit (recommended, but not required)
- Families will need to complete the student online enrollment application, upload the required documentation in Step 5 of the New Student Online Enrollment Application in Skyward. If you do not have online access, or are unable to upload required documents remotely, you may complete the application and/or have present required documents to be scanned in at the school.
Early Learning Centers
Early Learning Center students will be assigned to neighborhood schools identified by the ELC School Boundary Map at the time of Enrollment. Families of preschool applicants will be notified by the office of Early Childhood when their request is approved.
Elementary students will be assigned to their neighborhood school identified by the Elementary School Boundary Map at time of enrollment.
Seconday students will be assigned to their neighborhood school identified by The Middle School Boundary Map or the High School Boundary Map