The Lawrence Township Schools post information and resources of benefit to families and students in our community as a Community Service. We do not necessarily endorse any of the resources or services, listed here. This list is not comprehensive, but intended to connect families with tools for addressing immediate needs.
Click here for CDC Coronavirus Information.
The City of Indianapolis has launched a new tool on their website that connects those impacted by COVID-19 pandemic with community resources. Resources will be posted in real-time and organized by topic, gathering in one place programming made available by government agencies, service providers, community partners, and school districts, including support for those who need assistance with food, utilities, childcare, and at home entertainment.
Click here to access the Indy.gov online resources.
Click here to access the Indy.gov resources in Spanish.
On April 1, Mayor Hogsett extended the Stay-At-Home order currently in effect through May 1, 2020.
Scheduled food distrubtion days and device support are not impacted by this order.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, click here for Frequently Asked Questions - English
For more information, click here for Frequently Asked Questions - Spanish
Click here for Drug Prevention Resources
Additional Community Resources and Information
Lawrence Township Trustee - Food and Household Vouchers - Eligibility Requirements
● Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
● Website: https://lawtwp.org/trustee-2/emergency-assistance/about-the-process/
● Address: 4455 McCoy St. Ste. 100, Lawrence, IN 46226
● Phone: (317) 890-0011
● Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. *Closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
● Website: https://www.laplazaindy.org/
● Address: 8902 E 38th
St, Indianapolis, IN 46226 ● Phone: (317) 890-3292
The Sharing Place
● Hours: Monday 10 AM-3 PM, Tuesday 4 PM-8 PM, Thursday 10 AM-3 PM 2nd
Saturday of each month 10 AM-1PM.
● Website: http://www.lutheranfamily.org/
● Address: 6501 Sunnyside Rd. Door #5, Indianapolis, IN 46236 ● Phone: (317) 760-0420
Community Cupboard of Lawrence Township
● Hours: Wednesday 10 AM-4 PM and 6 PM-8 PM, Friday 10 AM-4 PM
● Website: https://www.ecommunity.com/locations/community-cupboard-lawrence
● Address: 7101 Pendleton Pike, Indianapolis, IN 46226 ● Phone: (317) 355-7395
Indy Parks Special Meal Service
With locations around Marion County, this meal service is open to all children under 18 years of age.
Effective Monday, March 16, Comcast is offering 2 months free to new Internet Essentials customers in response to recent and anticipated emergency measures associated with the COVID-19 outbreak. Click here for more information.
Spectrum has announced that they will offer free access to Spectrum broadband and WiFi for new K-12 and college student households that our network currently passes for the next 60 days. Additionally, the plan to open WiFi hotspots for public use and continue to offer Spectrum Internet Assist, our high-speed broadband program to eligible low-income households. To learn more, click here.
Coronavirus COVID-19 Mental Health Information
Coronavirus COVID-19 General Health Information
Patients with confirmed COVID-19 infection have reported mild to severe respiratory symptoms, including fever, cough, and shortness of breath. We continue to encourage all student and staff to practice good health hygiene, including social distancing, to prevent the spread of any illness, including viruses.These steps include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. - Fever free for at least 24 hours without use of medication.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then immediately throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Limit personal contact such as hugging, kissing, shaking hands, or high-five.